Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Peer blog review

I read my classmate Katerina’s blog for this week’s assignment.  It very much interested me how she related qualitative research to social media. It had never occurred to me that the discussion section of facebook would contain so much qualitative data.  Qualitative data can be found anywhere.  This led me to wonder what I would come across on Spain if I was to search for it on facebook.  I found a few different Spanish public relations firms pages, but none of them sparked any discussion.  This shows how big of a part social media is in America, but how it has not seemed to flourish too much in Spain so far.  If I were to get an internship while studying abroad, I would try to incorporate social media into the daily life of the company.
Keeping with the social media theme, I decided to read my classmate Kevin’s blog, entitled “Social Media Breakfast: The Present and Future of Social Media” .  He discusses how it is important to know that media itself has not changed.  He stresses the importance of changing how a person gets a message or news to others.  The present and future of the media is social media.  Facebook and Twitter are social media tools that all public relations practitioners should familiarize with.  If Spain wants to connect internationally with Americans, the importance of social media must be stressed.  Products would be able to reach a further audience if they expanded their use of social media.

No comments:

Post a Comment